City-related information regarding d-overlay zones, including the purpose, design standards and guidelines, review procedures and fee schedules.
Design overlay zones
- 33.420 Design Overlay Zone: A section of the Portland Zoning Code that describes the purpose of the d-overlay and how and where it is applied. This includes when design review is required and when a project may be eligible to go through an alternative process to discretionary design review using the Community Design Standards in 33.218.
Discretionary design review
- 33.825 Design Review: A section of the Portland Zoning Code that outlines the purpose, process and thresholds for design review.
- Design Guidelines: A page with links to various design guidelines, including the Central City Fundamental Design Guidelines, the subdistrict guidelines for the Central City, the Community Design Guidelines, and guidelines for Gateway and other geographic areas.
- Portland Design Commission: Information about the commission’s charge, membership, agendas and annual State of the City Design Reports.
- Summary of Procedure Types: An outline of procedure types for land use reviews, which includes design review.
- Timeline for Type III Land Use Review Procedure
- Timeline for Type II Land Use Review Procedure
- Land Use Review Application Checklist: A one-page check sheet listing all materials that must be submitted with land use reviews, including design review.
- Land Use Services Fee Schedule: The current fee schedule for land use services, including design review.
Non-discretionary community design standards
- 33.218 Community Design Standards: A section of the Portland Zoning Code that describes an alternative process to design review for some projects and standards to meet the requirements of d-overlay.