5:00 pm— Welcome and Introductions: Review of Agenda, Zoom functions, Ground Rules, Icebreaker, and Check-in
- Raise your hand
- Video expectations (Take a moment away if needed)
- Thank you and Acknowledgements (Note Taker, Facilitator and Guests)
- Listen to understand, not to respond. Listen for learning opportunities. Do not prepare a response; just listen.
- W.A.I.T: Use self-awareness by asking yourself “Why Am I Talking?” Remember everyone has the right to share their ideas, but not everyone always has the opportunity.
- Assume good intentions but attend to impact. We are all good people looking to collaborate for better outcomes. Not all good intentions lead to good outcomes; If someone is hurt, focus on listening and understanding the impact, not on the intent.
- Be willing to make mistakes and be forgiving of those who do. Forgiveness fosters safety so we can all take risks. We make mistakes, even with good intentions. By making mistakes, we ultimately learn how to do things better.
- Allow for, and appreciate, disagreement of opinions, ideas, methods – respectfully. Don’t interrupt someone just because you disagree with them. Listen to understand; you may find you have something in common. Critique ideas, not people.
- ersonal stories stay, lessons can be shared. After the meeting, comments, ideas and thoughts will be attributed to any individual – this is a group learning process. If you share a personal story, let people know if or how your story can be shared.
- Speak clearly and concisely and use audio amplification to ensure all can hear.
Do you have a favorite quarantine recipe? Tell us about it! 30 seconds or less
- How are you?
- What part of your routine has changed that you might keep doing post COVID-19?
- What questions have come up?
5:30 pm — Presentation: Director Andrea Durbin will share a few words of acknowledgement, encouragement
- Celebrating another wonderful term of service from our committee (memories and takeaways)
- Bureau-wide updates on BPS’ roles and community engagement during COVID-19
- Q + A
5:50 pm — Work Session: Review of the proposed charter
- Does this sound like an accurate capture of the work you do and/or strive to do in the future?
- Does it sound/feel like your collective voice?
- What isn’t being mentioned that the public should know about your committee?
6:20 pm— Close and Next Steps: No meeting in June. May convene in July, Aug and Sep pending a committee vote. Click here to access the Meeting Evaluation.
6:30 pm — Adjourn