Franchise and Utility License Filing and Payments

Information to support franchisees and utility licensees submission of reports and payments to the City.
On this page

Submitting Payments

  • Checks and ACH payments must include the Account Number.
  • Checks should be made payable to the City of Portland.
  • Reports and checks may be submitted at the same time through the mail, or by courier.

ACH Payments

The City of Portland encourages business partners to make payments by ACH to ensure timely and proper crediting of their accounts. To set up ACH payments, please contact

Submitting Checks

Checks may be mailed to the following address:

Community Technology AR/Revenue Department
City of Portland
PO Box 745
Portland, OR 97207-0745

Or, checks may be delivered by courier to the following address:

Community Technology AR/Revenue Department
City of Portland
Suite 600
111 SW Columbia Street
Portland, OR 97201

Submitting Reports

  • Reports may be submitted via email to:
  • Reports may be submitted with check payment through the mail, or by courier
  • Reports should include the Utility License Account Number

Report Forms

IMPORTANT: If a report form doesn't load properly using Chrome or MS Edge you will need to download the form to your computer, then open it with Adobe Acrobat Reader to complete and print. Using your web browser to complete the form may result in incorrect form calculations and other issues.

How to download the form:

  1. Right click on the pdf link only. Do not open the form!
  2. Click "Save As" to save the selected form to your computer.
  3. Open the saved document with Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download Reader free.

If you have questions, please contact us at, or call 503-823-5385.

Form A: For entities subject to Utility License Fee (City Code 7.14), Privilege Tax (City Code 7.12), or a franchise agreement requiring quarterly reports.

Form B: For entities with a franchise agreement requiring quarterly reports and a separate treatment of lease, sales, and IRU revenue.

Form C: For use by companies that pay compensation calculated by the linear foot of facilities in the streets.

Form D: For use by companies subject to franchise compensation that is an annual fee. This form is not for use for submitting Minimum Annual Fees.

Form F: For use by wireless companies that pay a Right-of-Way Use (per-pole) fee.

Audit Payment Coupon

Annual Consumer Price Index (CPI)

Check the Bureau of Labor Statistics for the current CPI.


Please contact the Community Technology Utilities Office.