The 2021 application period is closed
Please visit the PCEF homepage for updates on the PCEF grant process or for new grant opportunities through the PCEF program.
Online information sessions covered who is eligible to apply, what PCEF grant funding can be used for, and how to apply. You can find recordings of the first two information sessions, which cover the same content and meeting materials from all three sessions on the event webpages:
- Information session launch for all interested applicants - Oct. 5, 2021
- Information session for small and/or fiscally sponsored organizations - Oct. 7, 2021
- Information session for organizations led by and serving PCEF priority communities - Oct. 11, 2021
Weekly office hours with PCEF staff
Sign-up for weekly office hours with PCEF staff to get your questions answered in real time. Office hours are offered two times per week during the open RFP period.
What to expect at office hours:
- You must sign-up for office hours via the link above and choose a 30-minute slot, which will be limited to three participants to make sure each person gets the attention and help they need. A Zoom link will be sent to your email a few minutes after sign-up.
- We will take sign-ups until 9 a.m. the morning of the office hour session except Saturday sign-ups should happen the Friday before by 12 p.m.
- If participants do not show up for their time slot, PCEF staff will close the office hour session after waiting 15 minutes.
- Questions will be answered on a first-come, first-served basis. You are welcome to stay while other questions are answered during your scheduled time.
- Staff will provide guidance and resources on navigating the application process, choosing the right grant type for you, understanding PCEF goals, and more.
- Project managers in specific funding areas are available at some of the office hours – you can check which PCEF staff will be at your office hours on the online schedule.
- Staff cannot provide opinions on your application including how well you meet scoring criteria or if your proposed idea makes a strong project.
- Questions and answers that come up during office hours that may be relevant to all applicants will be captured and posted on the project website without attribution.
Office hours occur during the open RFP period from October until November 29, 2021:
- Every Tuesday from 4:30 - 6 p.m. with 4:30 - 5 p.m. reserved for organizations that are led by and serve PCEF priority communities.
- Every other Thursday from 12:30-1:30p.m.
- Two Saturdays from 10-11a.m.
- November 29, 12 - 2p.m. (the day before applications are due)
PCEF staff: Sam (Program Manager), Cady (Deputy Program Manager), Wendy (Clean Energy Project Manager), David (Regenerative Agriculture / Green Infrastructure Project Manager), Jay (Workforce and Contractor Equity Project Manager), June (Outreach Project Coordinator)
|#||Office hours date and time||PCEF staff at office hours (may change based on staffing needs)|
|1||Tuesday, October 12, 4:30 - 6 p.m.||Sam, Cady, Wendy, June|
|2||Thursday, October 14, 12:30 -1:30 p.m.||Sam, Cady, Wendy, June|
|3||Tuesday, October 19, 4:30 - 6 p.m.||Cady, Wendy|
|4||Saturday, October 23, 10 - 11 a.m.||Cady, June|
|5||Tuesday, October 26, 4:30 - 6 p.m.||Cady, David, Jay, Wendy, June|
|6||Thursday, October 28, 12:30 - 1:30 p.m.||Sam, David, Jay, Wendy, June|
|7||Tuesday, November 2, 4:30 - 6 p.m.||Cady, Jay, Wendy, June|
|8||Saturday, November 6, 10 - 11 a.m.||Sam, David, Jay|
|9||Tuesday, November 9, 4:30 - 6 p.m.||Cady, David, Jay, Wendy, June|
|10||Thursday, November 11, 12:30 - 1:30 p.m.||Sam, David, Wendy, Jay|
|11||Tuesday, November 16, 4:30 - 6 p.m.||Cady, Jay, Wendy|
|12||Thursday, November 18, 12:30 - 1:30 p.m.||Sam, David, Jay, Wendy|
|13||Tuesday, November 23, 4:30 - 6 p.m.||Cady, David, Wendy, Jay|
|14||Monday, November 29, 12 - 2 p.m.||Cady, David, Jay, Wendy, June|
Training workshops and technical assistance
Throughout the PCEF application period, we are offering opportunities for applicants to gain skills and learn more about designing and developing their grant proposals. We will have multiple workshops on grantwriting and clean energy technical topics led by training providers who are sharing their expertise with PCEF grantees, as well as the opportunity for applicants to book “office hours” for additional support and follow-up.
Online 2-hour workshops intended to help applicants organize and structure their grant proposals, with tips and guidance on best practices in grant writing. Hosted by PCEF staff, with content delivered by Kim Moreland of Moreland Resource Consultants. The workshop sessions will provide guidance through the different types of PCEF grant applications, what key information should be included in different sections, and how to communicate the benefits of the proposed project. Each session will have opportunity for a Q&A session. There will be two workshop opportunities for each of the grant types. One workshop session will be recorded and made available on the PCEF Youtube page. The same information is presented at each information session.
|Workshop date and time||Grant writing topic focus||Registration link|
|Friday, October 8, 12 - 2p.m.||PCEF Planning Grants||Register|
|Wednesday, October 13, 4 - 6p.m.||PCEF Small & Large Standard Grants||Register|
|Friday, October 15, 12 - 2p.m||PCEF Workforce and Contractor Development Grants||Register|
|Wednesday, October 20, 4 - 6p.m.||PCEF Planning Grants||Register|
|Friday, October 22, 12 - 2p.m||PCEF Small & Large Standard Grants||Register|
|Wednesday, October 27, 4 - 6p.m.||PCEF Workforce and Contractor Development Grants||Register|
Clean energy workshops
Online workshops intended to help applicants understand the opportunities to deliver programs that improve energy efficiency, weatherization, whole home upgrades and generate renewable energy through PCEF. Hosted by PCEF staff, with content delivered by experts in their fields. Each session will have opportunity for a Q&A session. One workshop session will be recorded and made available on the PCEF Youtube page. There will be two workshops per topic, with the same information presented at each session.
Home Energy Efficiency and Savings, with James Metoyer of Advanced Energy Inspections. The content will cover how energy is used in homes, building science, cost savings, health and safety considerations, choosing contractors, and planning out a project.
Residential Solar Opportunities, with Amy Bettle of Spark Northwest. The workshop will focus on how solar electric systems work in homes, the basics of evaluating good solar sites, energy generation savings opportunities and developing group purchase programs.
Commercial Solar for nonprofits, with Mikhaila Gonzales of Spark Northwest. This content will cover the opportunities for nonprofits organizations to benefit directly from solar energy, including what to consider for good solar sites, energy generation savings opportunities, utility interconnection and energy storage.
Oregon’s Community Solar Program & Opportunities, with Sherrie Villmark & Haley Mountain from Community Energy Project. The workshop will cover the structure of this new program, the pathways for low-income participation, roles for nonprofits in project development, site hosting, and community building.
|Workshop date and time||Topic focus||Registration link|
|Friday, October 8, 2:30 - 4:30p.m.||Home Energy Efficiency & Savings||Register|
|Monday, October 11, 3 - 5p.m.||Residential Solar Opportunities||Register|
|Thursday, October 14, 11a.m. - 1p.m.||Commercial Solar for Nonprofits||Register|
|Thursday, October 14, 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.||Oregon’s Community Solar Program & Opportunities||Register|
|Monday, October 18, 11a.m. - 1p.m.||Residential Solar Opportunities||Register|
|Wednesday, October 20, 12:30p.m. - 2:30p.m.||Oregon’s Community Solar Program & Opportunities||Register|
|Thursday, October 21, 12 - 2p.m.||Home Energy Efficiency & Savings||Register|
|Thursday, October 21, 3 - 5p.m.||Commercial Solar for Nonprofits||Register|
|Wednesday, November 3, 12 - 1p.m.||Basics of Permitting in Portland||Register|
Technical assistance office hours
Use the links below to sign up for office hours with our technical assistance providers:
- Grantwriting assistance with Kim Moreland, Moreland Resource Consulting, LLC
Sign-up for office hours with Kim
- Residential solar assistance with Amy Bettle, Spark Northwest
Sign-up for office hours with Amy
- Commercial solar for nonprofits assistance with Mikhaila Gonzales, Spark Northwest
Sign-up for office hours with Mikhaila
- Oregon Community Solar program assistance with Sherrie Villmark, Community Energy Project
Sign-up for office hours with Sherrie
- Home energy efficiency and savings with James Metoyer, Advanced Energy Inspections
Sign-up for office hours with James