The City of Portland, as a hybrid covered entity under HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act 1996) which requires the collection of a limited set of protected health information to meet City, State and Federal mandates.
1.Protect HIPAA information Privacy
The City of Portland will:
- Only use this collected information for tracking compliance with the COVID-19 vaccination mandate,
- Securely retain this information in compliance with HIPAA safeguard requirements,
- Only allow access to this information by authorized City users that have 'need to know' responsibilities,
- Train and monitor authorized users who access to your protected health information (PHI),
- Not disclose this information without your prior consent, unless mandated by State or Federal health authorities,
- Notify you of unauthorized disclosure should that occur, and
- Annually assess City HIPAA safeguards, training, and how to continuously improve the City's HIPAA compliance program.
2. PHI collected
The City VOVID-19 Vaccination registry will contain only the following PHI content provided by you:
- Your full name
- Medical Record number (MRN), if included on your COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card
- Date of Birth (DOB)
- Vaccine Card Image, front and back.
- Redaction of any portion of the vaccine card image is not allowed