Memorial Day closure

Most City of Portland offices will be closed Monday, May 27, in observance of Memorial Day.

Asbestos Abatement and Demolition – Request Authorization or Certification

Discharges are prohibited from entering the City's stormwater system. For discharges into the sanitary sewer, businesses must get authorization before discharging, and businesses must certify compliance annually. Find forms and instructions to request authorization and to apply for certification.

To Request Discharge Authorization to the Sanitary Sewer

Before discharging any water from residential asbestos or lead paint abatement or structural demolition, download and complete the Residential Asbestos and Demolition Wastewater Discharge Authorization Application below. Mail or email completed forms to Residential Demolition.

Once a completed application is received by the City, it may take up to 5 business days for you to receive the discharge authorization. The discharge authorization will be applicable for any Portland residential site for the term of the authorization.

To Request Annual Certification

Download and submit the certification form below confirming the required best management practices in the discharge authorization are being followed. Mail or email completed forms to Residential Demolition.

Pay Fee

After submitting the annual certification report, you can expect to receive a bill for the annual program fee of $150. 

For Questions or More Information

For more information or questions, review our guide to preventing pollution from lead and asbestos during demolition or abatement or call the Environmental Services pollution prevention general information phone.


Environmental Services Residential Demolition

Pollution Prevention General Information

Environmental Services

Mailing address

Water Pollution Control Lab: BES ADCM Programs
6543 N Burlington Avenue
Portland, OR 97203