Environmental Services is updating the City's Source Control Manual (SCM) and Administrative Rule ENB-4.15. The SCM provides structural, treatment, and operational requirements to prevent pollution of soil, groundwater, and surface waters. Comments must be received by 5 p.m. Friday, Sept. 11, 2020.
The SCM applies to site activities including:
- Waste storage areas
- Food cart pods
- Covered vehicle parking
- Material transfer and loading docks
- Aboveground storage, processing, or transfer of liquids
- Fuel transfer and fuel dispensing areas
- Equipment or vehicle washing facilities
- Motorized vehicle or equipment storage and repair
- Exterior storage or processing of solid materials
- Contaminated site requirements
- Site dewatering requirements
The proposed 2020 SCM and changes to Administrative Rule ENB-4.15 are posted at www.portlandoregon.gov/2020SCM along with a summary of the changes.
How can I learn more or comment on the proposed changes?
Informational sessions were held August 18 and 19. Find video recordings of the presentations at www.portlandoregon.gov/2020SCM.
Find information on how to comment on the proposed changes at www.portlandoregon.gov/2020SCM.
For questions or more information, please contact Laura Johnson at 503-823-7192 or email BESSourceControlManual@portlandoregon.gov.