Designing this project will take place on a section of the Union Pacific Railroad and on private property southwest of the intersection of North Larrabee Avenue and North Thunderbird Way.
What's Happening Now
Work crews will periodically be in the project area to perform investigative activities. Activities include site visits and evaluation, survey, utility locates, and pipe inspection.
Information gathered will help determine the repair locations, construction methods, and how to minimize construction impacts.
We Want to Hear from You
We would like to hear from you about special events, school activities, and community services in the neighborhood that you think may be impacted by this project. Also, we want to know if you have any concerns related to business operations, disability or mobility issues, and medical or business deliveries. Your input will help us minimize construction impacts to your neighborhood.
Sewer Emergency: In the event of a sewer backup or basement flooding, call the Maintenance hotline immediately at 503-823-1700. It is staffed all hours and all days, 24/7.
What to Expect During Construction
We want you to be safe around the work site. Please keep children, pets, bikes, cars, and trucks away from the tools, machines, supplies, and construction workers. A city inspector will be on-site during work hours and may be able to assist you with construction concerns. Inspectors typically wear a hard hat and safety vest with “City of Portland” on the back.
- Noise, Vibration, and Dust: Construction creates noise, vibration and dust and disrupts normal neighborhood activity.
- Traffic Delays: The work will slow down traffic in your neighborhood. Please read the traffic signs and follow directions from the workers with flags.
- Access to Your Home or Business: You will be able to go to your home or business, but you may not be able to park as close as you would like. We will try to make sure driveways and parking lot entrances stay open.
- Parking Restrictions: We want you to be safe, so you may not be able to park your car next to workspaces, equipment, or materials. If crews are working directly in front of your home or a business, you may need to park in another place.
- Equipment Storage: Sometimes we will leave tools, machines, and supplies on your street overnight. Please stay away from them.
- Maintained Service: You can still use sewer, water, and other services while we work on your street.
- Work Hours: Work hours are 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday to Friday. Sometimes we work on Saturdays from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Schedule Changes and Inactivity: Our work schedules can change for many reasons like weather, traffic, and problems with equipment.
Sign Up for Updates
Sign up for regular updates at N Thunderbird Way Sewer Repair Project.