Process and Timeline
The grant application is a two-step process, including an application and a conversation with the grant review committee. The grant review committee will review applications to determine who advances to the second step. Applicants will be notified of advancement to the second round by December 9, 2022. Conversations with selected applicants will take place the week of December 12-15, 2022. Grants will be awarded in early winter. Once grant agreements are in place, project work can begin. Grantees must complete all activities and spend all funds by February 16, 2024.
- October 12, 2022: Grant application released
- October 20, 2022, 3–4:30 p.m.: Online information session
- October 25, 2022, 6–7:30 p.m.: Online information session
- October 26–November 15, 2022: Virtual technical assistance office hours
- Email jessica.terikowski@portlandoreg… to schedule a session
- November 16, 2022, 5 p.m.: Applications due
- December 9, 2022: Selected applicants invited to participate in a conversation with the Grant Review Committee
- December 12–15, 2022: Conversations between applicants and Grant Review Committee
- December 22, 2022: Notification of awards
- Early Winter 2023: Grantee Orientation
- February 16, 2024: Activities, projects, and programs completed and funds expended
Support on Your Application
Have questions about the application or are unsure what the fiscal and insurance requirements are all about? Join one of our virtual information sessions.
If you are unable to make one of the information sessions, prefer to talk through your project one-on-one, or do better communicating your vision verbally than in writing, you can request dedicated time with a member of the Portland Harbor team to answer your questions and receive technical assistance. Technical assistance office hours are available most weekdays from October 26-November 15, 2022, including evening hours.
Email jessica.terikowski@portlandoreg… to schedule a meeting.