Assembling materials and completing your application should take 15-20 minutes.
Step 1. Review the requirements
Prior to submitting your request for a Treebate, please make sure you meet the program eligibility criteria:
- I am a City of Portland water, sewer, stormwater utility customer for the property where the tree was planted.
- My tree is planted in the yard of a single home or duplex.
- I either own this property or received permission from the owner prior to planting.
- I was not required to plant my tree by City code or a City-issued permit.
- My tree is not on Portland’s Nuisance Tree List.
- My tree was purchased, planted, and application submitted between September 1 and April 30.
- My tree is currently at least 4 feet tall, measured from the top of the soil.
- My tree will be at least 15 feet tall and 10 feet wide at maturity and has a single stem.
- My tree is planted with enough space to reach its full mature size.
Step 2. Scan or photograph your receipt(s)
You will need to provide the proof of purchase for your tree(s). Either scan or take a photo of your receipt(s).
Step 3. Complete and submit application
You can apply online or by mail.
Apply by mail
- Mail the completed form and copies of your receipt(s) to the Treebate address on this page.