Looking for a fun and interesting activity to do this summer? Come join this Environmental Services and Friends of Trees bike ride to tour sustainable stormwater solutions and heritage trees in the Portsmouth Neighborhood! Riders will learn the roles that trees, plants, and soils play in preventing flooding, providing habitat for wildlife and people, and keeping our rivers clean. The 5-mile, point-to-point route also gives riders an opportunity to see some of North Portland’s oldest and rarest trees! Join us! Please register for the event by emailing Chase at 2theRiver@portlandoregon.gov or calling 503-865-6709.
- Length: 2-hour ride, please arrive 10 minutes early to check in
- Starting location: SE Corner of McCoy Park (N Trenton St and N Newman St)
- The following COVID-19 practices will be in place:
- Masks will be required
- 6-foot distance will be kept between people of different households
- Group size will be kept to a maximum of 20 people