1. Go to Portland Maps
2. Enter the address in the upper right corner. Select the address when it is displayed.
3. Click on Permits & Zoning (scroll down if needed).
4. Click on Zoning & Districts (scroll down if needed).
5. The base zone and any overlay zones will be shown in the window. Information concerning plan district, historic districts and Comprehensive Plan designations is shown as well. Commercial/Mixed Use zones begin with a capital "C" and include CR, CM1, CM2, CM3, CE and CX.
6. Talk with a planner for more information.