Get information about how zoning and land use projects are being addressed during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Land Use Reviews
Some of your questions might be answered on the Land Use Services homepage.
Land Use Review and Final Plat applications can be emailed to LandUseIntake@portlandoregon.gov. Please note that land use review applications that are emailed after 5 p.m. Monday through Friday or on weekends or holidays will be identified as "received" on the following business day. A Land Use Services technician will contact you within 3-4 business days with instructions for providing payment for emailed applications. All land use review and final plat applications must have documents broken up into the following separate documents:
- Application form and Written Narrative (The application form must be unlocked and able to be edited. Digital signatures are not required. An application will not be identified as “received” until it is unlocked.)
- Plans (site plans, elevations and drawings, surveys)
- Technical Reports
- There are no intake appointments held for land use review applications associated with Radio Frequency (RF) facilities. Instead, applicants should submit those applications to LandUseIntake@portlandoregon.gov.
- To respond to an Incomplete Letter, applicants should email all materials to the assigned planner.
- Land Use Review appeal forms can be emailed to LandUseIntake@portlandoregon.gov. A Land Use Services technician will contact you with instructions for providing payment for emailed appeals.
Early Assistance and Other Applications
Early assistance and other Land Use Services applications (such as zoning verification map, zoning confirmation letters, property line adjustment, lot confirmation, etc.) can be emailed to LandUseIntake@portlandoregon.gov. A Land Use Services technician will contact you within 3-4 business days with instructions for providing payment for emailed applications. Early Assistance applications can now be submitted for online Microsoft Teams meetings. Please use the new Early Assistance Application form located on the BDS website. A Land Use Services technician will contact you after payment has been made to discuss scheduling an online meeting if that option was selected.
MU permit applications are being accepted and applicants can follow the process already outlined on the BDS website at this link. While applicants cannot visit the Development Services Center to get information about original art murals, they can contact Kristin Cooper (503-823-7547) or Brandon Rogers (503-823-7597).
- Customers should continue to call the Zoning Hotline and email zoning questions through the City’s website. You will be contacted by a planner in 1-2 business days.
- Staff are continuing to work remotely and can return calls about permits, land use reviews or other applications currently under review within 1-2 business days if customers reach out to the assigned planner. Assigned planners can be viewed through www.Portlandmaps.com.