COVID-19 Safety, Recovery and Resilience

Face coverings are required in indoor public spaces and many outdoor spaces. State policy
Access City programs, people and projects helping Portland recover. Portland United

Volunteer. Play. Stay. Shop. Show the Rose City a little love. Here for Portland

Services, guides, and information

Displaying 201 - 225 of 396
Apply for a building permit for a new home build in Portland. Get a permit application and all required forms for building a new home. Learn about new house permits and new home inspections. Before you build, learn what you need for a complete application for new construction here.
Learn more about nonconforming situations and how they are created. Find out about nonconforming situations are reviewed. Get an early assistance application and a land use review application. Read other forms about nonconforming situations.
North Cully Development Review is required for development within the North Cully Plan District for sites over 5 acres and with a 1991 value of more than $100,000. Modifications to existing single dwelling and trailer park facilities are exempt from review.
The City of Portland allows owners of a house, attached house or manufactured home to host up to one occupied recreational vehicle. The information on this page describes what is allowed and not allowed for placement of these vehicles.
The Oregon Office of Small Business Assistance helps small businesses that have questions about state or local government. Visit their website to learn more.
Find all One and Two Family Dwelling Code Guides administered by Development Services. Code guides provide answers about the application of specific codes. Get code guides that explain how the codes and rules are applied.
The required tree density is based on the size of the site and type of proposed or existing development. You might be exempt from on-site tree density and tree planting requirements. Find out where tree canopy and tree planting requirements apply. Learn about exemptions and density requirements.
Learn more about tree preservation exemptions. Find out about City requirements for privately-owned trees. Get information about neighborhood notices to mail or post at the construction site. Self-certify that notification requirements are met. Find neighborhood contact information, too.
Oregon Administrative Rules website. Administrative Rules are created by most agencies and some boards and commissions to implement and interpret their statutory authority (ORS 183.310(9)). Agencies may adopt, amend, repeal or renumber rules, permanently or temporarily​(for up to 180 days).
The Oregon Building Codes Division regulates and licenses the activities of construction contractors.
The CCB regulates Oregon's construction industry. Review a contractor's license using the contractor license search on the Oregon Construction Contractors Board (CCB) website. Find out if a contractor's license is current. All contractors using the online permits system must have a CCB license.
Oregon Department of Agriculture website. The Oregon Department of Agriculture remains able to serve the changing needs of Oregon’s diverse agricultural and food sectors to maintain and enhance a healthy natural resource base and strong economy in rural and urban communities across the state.​
Oregon Department of Energy website.
For questions regarding asbestos and the rules governing renovation, repairs and removal of asbestos-containing material.
DEQ's mission is to be a leader in restoring, maintaining and enhancing the quality of Oregon's air, land and water.
State of Oregon Department of Land Conservation and Development website. Planning for thriving communities and protecting Oregon's natural resources legacy.
Oregon Electrical Code Program website. The division works with building officials, technical committees, advisory boards, and the public to adopt, amend, and interpret the Oregon Electrical Specialty Code (OESC). This code applies to all nonexempt electrical installations and alterations.

Oregon Fire Code (OFC)

External Resource
Oregon Fire Code website.
Helping people and communities achieve optimum physical, mental and social well-being.
Some review types (Type I and Ix) can only be appealed to the Land Use Board of Appeals (LUBA) at the state level. For more information, please visit the LUBA website or call them at 503-373-1265.
Oregon Mechanical Building Code (OMSC) website. Establishes the minimum requirements for the design, installation, alteration and inspection of mechanical systems that are permanently installed and utilized to provide control of environmental conditions and related processes within buildings.
For worker safety issues including the use of asbestos or lead-based paint, please contact OSHA.
The Plumbing Code Program website. The division works with building officials, technical committees, advisory boards, and the public to adopt, amend, and interpret the Oregon Plumbing Specialty Code (OPSC).
Oregon Residential Specialty Code (ORSC) website. The division works with building officials, technical committees, advisory boards, and the public to adopt, amend, and interpret the Oregon Residential Specialty Code (ORSC).
ORS 197.360 lists the requirements to qualify for an expedited land division review.