COVID-19 Safety, Recovery and Resilience

Face coverings are required in indoor public spaces and many outdoor spaces. State policy
Access City programs, people and projects helping Portland recover. Portland United

Volunteer. Play. Stay. Shop. Show the Rose City a little love. Here for Portland

Services, guides, and information

Displaying 176 - 200 of 396
Read about the different procedure types for land use review. Find out how long a land use review takes. Get information about each land use procedure type and land use review fees.
Get information about landscaping and screening requirements in the City of Portland.
City of Portland property owners with liens on their properties due to code enforcement violations can request a lien reduction review. Find out if you can get a lien balance reduced. Learn more about code enforcement liens and how to apply for lien reduction review.
This life safety checklist is for commercial permits in the City of Portland.
Request a Life Safety preliminary meeting. If your property has complex building code or fire code issues, you may need a Life Safety preliminary meeting. Learn more about building code review meetings.
Location approval for car dealers, liquor licenses and marijuana businesses.
Verify a lot can be developed with the City of Portland. Learn more about lot confirmations and get all required forms for a lot confirmation application.
Learn about maintaining your accessory short-term rental (ASTR) permits. Find out how to renew your short term rental permit. Get information about what records to keep and what needs to be in ads. Learn more about short-term rentals compliance and penalties.
Learn about major residential alteration and addition permits in Portland and apply online. Get forms for major alterations removing 50% or more of exterior walls above the foundation or major additions adding more than 500 square feet of space. MRAA permits have notification and delay requirements.
Apply online for a permit. Get information, required forms and helpful handouts for residential building permits for manufactured homes in the City of Portland. Learn about the mobile home permit review process and inspections and factory built home permits and modular home permits.
The Marquam Hill Parking Review allows for parking within the institutionally developed portions of Marquam Hill in a manner consistent with the goals and objectives of the Marquam Hill Plan.
Learn more about master plans. Get required application forms and more information for master plans and impact mitigation plans.
Apply for a commercial mechanical permit and get a commercial mechanical inspection. Get the mechanical permit application. Get a push/pull permit, rooftop mechanical permits, gas piping permits and permits for a/c, heating and ductwork. Get a trade permit extension or reactivation.
Apply for a residential mechanical permit and schedule a mechanical inspection for a 1–2 family home. Get the mechanical permit application. Need permits for furnaces, gas piping, a new HVAC unit, heating or air conditioning, mini-split permits, wood stoves or ductwork, start here.

Mercy Corps Northwest

External Resource
Mercy Corps Northwest provides vital financing, mentorship and education to small business owners across the Pacific Northwest. From small business grants to alternative loans, they support entrepreneurs with the tools they need to succeed. Visit their website to learn more.

Metro Website

External Resource
Metro website. Metro works with communities, businesses and residents in the Portland metropolitan area to chart a wise course for the future. Learn more at the Metro website.
If you want to buy, install or use a mobile vending cart or food cart, you need to know which Building and Zoning Code standards apply. Get information about permits and resources for food carts, food trucks, mobile food units and vending carts in the City of Portland.
City of Portland multi-dwelling structure short-term rental permit application checklist.
The Multnomah County Health Department's mission is to work in partnership with the communities they serve, to assure, promote and protect the health of the people of Multnomah County.
Multnomah County Land Use Planning website. Learn about the building plan review process, zoning and land use in rural Multnomah County on the Multnomah County Land Use Planning website.
Get survey information and tax assessor’s maps in Multnomah County. Search by address, tax lot number, plat name, survey number and more.
The National Council of Structural Engineers Associations (NCSEA) was formed to constantly improve the standard level of practice of the structural engineering profession, and to provide an identifiable resource for those needing communication with the profession.
Get forms, signs and guidelines to notify neighbors, neighborhood associations and others about development projects. Find out when neighborhood contact is required, what you have to do, who you have to notify and when you have to notify them. Get all neighborhood contact requirements here.
Apply for a building permit to build a dormer or a new upper story to a single-family dwelling or duplex. Get all required forms for remodeling a dormer. Find information on permits and inspections to add a bedroom or to add a room to a home. Learn what's needed for a complete application.