COVID-19 Safety, Recovery and Resilience

Face coverings are required in indoor public spaces and many outdoor spaces. State policy
Access City programs, people and projects helping Portland recover. Portland United

Volunteer. Play. Stay. Shop. Show the Rose City a little love. Here for Portland

Services, guides, and information

Displaying 376 - 396 of 396
Learn more about unreinforced masonry (URM) buildings and how they perform during an earthquake. Find out about possible measures that can be taken to mitigate the hazards posed by URM buildings. Learn about URM buildings in Portland and a brief history of development of regulations.
Learn more about updates to the City of Portland’s Erosion and Sediment Control Manual and associated policies and ways in which you can get involved.
General information and help using the IVR (Interactive Voice Response) system to request inspections and inspections results. Learn more about how to schedule a building inspection using an IVR number or a permit number. Use the IVR for an easy way to book an inspection or get inspection results.
Find recent or historic earthquakes, lists, information on selected significant earthquakes, earthquake resources by state, or find webservices.
Portland Maps and the BDS Permit/Case Search can be used to find active and historical permits details. Follow the directions below to view the status of your building permit on Portland Maps.
Washington County, Oregon Building Services website. Get information about Washington County permits, inspections, reports, applications and other services on the Washington County, Oregon Building Services website.
This PDF provides general information about the plans required for most building permits for work on a house or duplex in the City of Portland.
The third step to getting a permit is learning what you need when you apply for a building permit, site development permit or zoning permit that needs plan review with the City of Portland. Get minimum submittal requirements for all building permits, zoning permits and site development permits.
How to find a licensed contractor in the City of Portland. Get information about how to search for a contractor's license. Find out if a contractor has outstanding issues with a license.
Find out if you can pay for a permit or plan review application online, by email or in person. Where to apply depends on the permit type. Learn where to send a specific type of permit application request and where to purchase a permit.
Get information about who can cancel a permit at all steps of the permit process. Learn more about what the City does with plans from a cancelled project. Find out who can can cancel a building permit and how to cancel your application before or after you get a permit.
Information on installing a wood stove, fireplace wood stove insert or chimney in the City of Portland. Learn more about when you need permits or inspections for fireplaces. Get legal requirements and safety tips for fireplaces, wood stoves fireplace inserts and more. Also known as Brochure 4.
Learn more about what kind of commercial construction needs a permit. Find out if you need a day care center building permit, a seismic upgrade permit and what permits you need for new construction or for alterations. Includes multifamily building permits information.
Learn more about home repair permits, electrical permits, mechanical permits, plumbing permits and zoning permits and work that needs a permit for a 1- or 2-family home. When is a residential permit needed? When don't you need a permit for a 1 or 2 family home? (Also known as Brochure 2)
Learn more about building permits, commercial permits, electrical permits, mechanical permits, plumbing permits and zoning permits and home repair that needs a permit for a 1- or 2-family home. Homeowners, learn more about when is a permit needed, if you need a permit and how to apply for a permit.

Zoning Changes

Get information about zoning changes, the land use review application and land use review fee information for the City of Portland. Learn more about zoning map amendments, zoning map error correction, zone boundaries and how to apply for a zoning map amendment or comprehensive plan map amendment.
Information about getting a signed land use compatibility statement from Development Services. Request a zoning confirmation letter (bank letter) and zoning analysis. Document a nonconforming situation. Request a floor area allowance (FAR) or density transfer.
General information regarding planning services other than land use reviews. Includes information about fees and links to application forms.
Get zoning and land use forms from Development Services. Find adjustment review forms, land use review appeals forms, land use appeals fee waiver forms and more. Need design, historic and Central City parking reviews forms or forms for land division, final plats and lot consolidations, start here.
Get a zoning permit from the City of Portland. Find all of the required forms for a zoning permit. Learn more about when a zoning permit is required, when a zoning permit isn't required and how to get started with a zoning permit application.
Learn more about the requirements and allowances in Portland's Zoning Code that govern the placement of accessory dwelling units in residential areas.