COVID-19 Safety, Recovery and Resilience

Face coverings are required in indoor public spaces and many outdoor spaces. State policy
Access City programs, people and projects helping Portland recover. Portland United

Volunteer. Play. Stay. Shop. Show the Rose City a little love. Here for Portland

Services, guides, and information

Displaying 26 - 50 of 395
Get all permit and inspections brochures from Development Services. Getting started on a development project and want to learn more about permits and inspections? PDFs have helpful information about getting started with development projects. Looking for BDS brochures 1-31, start here.
The Alternative Technology Advisory Committee, authorized under Portland City Code 24.10.087, assists the Bureau of Development Services in reviewing innovate sustainable building technologies and methods for compliance with the Building Code requirements.
Read more about applications submitted to ATAC and final recommendations of the Alternative Technology Advisory Committee.
Learn more about how to appeal a tree permit decision. Request an administrative review of any public notice about City Code Title 11. Ask for review of a development decision. Get information about the tree permit appeals process and the administrative review application.
Learn more about the ADU SDC waiver program. Apply for an SDC waiver for your new ADU. If you are proposing an accessory dwelling unit you can apply for system development charges to be waived. Learn more and apply for an ADU SDC waiver now. Short-term rentals are not eligible for this program.
Learn more and apply to the Alternative Technology Advisory Committee.
Apply online for membership on a Development Services board or commission.
Learn more about the City of Portland's environmental review process. Get the land use review application and the early assistance application.
Learn more about land use review and final plat applications in the City of Portland. Find out where to send your application.
Apply for building permits, trade permits and zoning permits online or in person. Includes permit revisions, deferred submittals and electrical, plumbing and mechanical permits. Submit a building permit application and pay for permits in person or online with Development Hub PDX.
Get information about erosion control best management practices (BMPS) like armoring. Learn more about reinforced soil retaining systems and gabions and how they are used to prevent erosion.
The Arts Empowerment Program assists artists and arts organization get permits. We focus on assisting Black, Indigenous, people of color and persons with disabilities.
Learn more about cleaning up asbestos and lead paint in the City of Portland. Find out how to report concerns to the Oregon Construction Contractors Board and the Oregon Health Authority.
Information on permits and inspections needed to convert an attic, basement or garage. Get all forms and apply for a permit online to remodel an attic, finish a basement or do a garage remodel. Find information on the permit process and check permit history before you add a room or add a bedroom.

Backwater Valves

Information on backwater valves and when to install them.

Base Zones

Get information about base zones and development standards.
This webpage provides information on the current Bureau of Development Services' (BDS) budget and financial planning process, along with documents and information from previous years.

BDS Employee Portal

External Resource
Employee resources and services for Development Services employees.

BDS Intranet

External Resource
Development Services employees website.
In an effort to increase and improve public access to information, all BDS land use review, residential demolition and enforcement notifications include information on how to request language translation, interpretation and other accommodations. This notice is translated into several languages.
The Oregon Construction Contractors Board (OCCB) has helpful information about becoming licensed, including applications. Generally, Oregon law requires anyone who works for compensation in any construction activity involving improvements to real property to be licensed.
General information for plumbing and excavation contractors and homeowners about the backfill requirements for underground piping for plumbing.