The River Community Advisory Committee is a citizen advisory body, comprised of six members who represent a variety of floating structures interests. Members will be appointed by the Commissioner-in-charge of BDS for three-year terms and will assist BDS with the development of procedures and administrative guidelines for implementing Title 28. In particular, the Committee will provide the Director of BDS with the following guidance:
- Leadership and expertise on issues affecting floating structures;
- Feedback on the impact of potential regulations and administrative rules on floating structures, taking into consideration the full range of City goals and objectives;
- Recommendations for regulatory, code, and administrative rule changes affecting floating structures;
- Monitor the application and enforcement of regulations for their effectiveness in achieving the City’s goals;
- Recommend customer service, permitting, process, and compliance improvements; and,
- Serve as an advisory board on processes and procedures under Title 28.
Members shall include, but not be limited to, a floating home resident, a marina operator, a floating structures contractor, a design professional, a yacht club member, and an on-the-water business owner.