Services, Guides, and Information

242 services and resources found
You need a building permit application for building permits, site development permits and zoning permits. Also, find the electrical permit, mechanical permit and the plumbing permit applications and the simple erosion control requirements form. For City of Portland and Maywood Park building permits.
Schedule a free 15-minute meeting with a construction, zoning and development expert. Ask questions about building permit submittal requirements and zoning. Get help with the permit process, ask zoning requirements questions, building codes and more. Language access is available.
Read about the mission, goals, values and equity commitment of the Bureau of Development Services. Get information about visiting BDS, our operating plan and the Development Services organizational chart. Review Director Rebecca Esau's calendar.
ProjectDox Reports are a quick and easy way to find out information about a specific project. They can be accessed via the Reports tab in the project and downloaded to Excel or PDF so they can be shared with others.
Learn more about the requirements that apply to accessory dwelling units related to water, sanitary and stormwater sewer connections.
Apply for an Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) permit online before you convert a home or garage or build an ADU. Get all forms for an ADU permit application and apply online. Learn about ADU inspections for basement apartments, in-law units, in-law apartments, rental units and adding another dwelling.
Learn about accessory short-term rentals (ASTR) when you have 3-5 bedrooms to rent out. Get all required forms for ASTR Type B Conditional Use Reviews for rental units, mother-in-law apartments, renting out part of your home, renting out a bedroom, and basement units.
Apply for a short-term rental permit or conditional use or renew a short-term rental permit. Learn about accessory short-term rental Type A permits and Type B conditional uses. Get permit information for rental units, mother-in-law apartments, renting out bedrooms and basement rentals.
Learn more about what is required to apply for and operate an accessory short-term rental (ASTR).
Learn more about what you need to apply for an adult care home permit in City of Portland. Learn about required inspection for Adult Foster Care Homes.
Get permit application forms, brochures, handouts and more forms from Development Services. Find all permitting brochures. Search the list of sample site plans like the sample basement plan, drawings and submittal requirements. Start here for the full list of all BDS forms and all BDS handouts.
Learn more about the ADU SDC waiver program. Apply for an SDC waiver for your new ADU. If you are proposing an accessory dwelling unit you can apply for system development charges to be waived. Learn more and apply for an ADU SDC waiver now. Short-term rentals are not eligible for this program.
Submit a building permit application and pay for permits in person or online with Development Hub PDX (DevHub). Permits available on DevHub include electrical, mechanical, plumbing, site development, development review.
Gather permit application requirements and apply for a building permit online. Apply for building permits, trade permits, sign permits, and zoning permits. Pay for permits in person or online with Development Hub PDX (DevHub). Learn about the permit review process and timelines.
Learn more about cleaning up asbestos and lead paint in the City of Portland. Find out how to report concerns to the Oregon Construction Contractors Board and the Oregon Health Authority.
Information on permits and inspections needed to convert an attic, basement or garage. Get all forms and apply for a permit online to remodel an attic, finish a basement or do a garage remodel. Find the code guide and check the permit history before you add a room or add a bedroom.

BDS Employees Website

External Resource
Development Services employees website.
In an effort to increase and improve public access to information, all BDS land use review, residential demolition and enforcement notifications include information on how to request language translation, interpretation and other accommodations. This notice is translated into several languages.
Join the FIR Program as a contractor or architect. Learn about how to register and next steps. *Waitlist to join is currently closed. Please check back again*
The Oregon Construction Contractors Board (OCCB) has helpful information about becoming licensed, including applications. Generally, Oregon law requires anyone who works for compensation in any construction activity involving improvements to real property to be licensed.
For one and two family residential dwellings. Find permit and construction requirements for fences, decks, sheds, patio and porch covers, retaining walls, ponds, water features, swimming pools, hot tubs and other outdoor residential projects. Also known as Brochure 3.
Learn more about sewer repair, sewer repair permits and sewer inspections in this guide. Find out who pays for party sewers repairs, when to schedule a sewer inspection and who can repair a sewer. Get helpful tips and information about broken sewer lines and drain lines. (Also known as Brochure 7)