Get information about today's scheduled residential inspections.
Current inspections process for occupied homes
Due to COVID-19, inspections staff won't go inside occupied homes for inspections. We conduct video inspections of occupied homes using FaceTime, Google Duo or Skype. Learn more about how to prepare for a video inspection. Then, book an inspection online or by phone.
Today's residential inspection times
Customers can find Residential Inspection times for the current business day online, daily after 8:00 a.m. Search an IVR number, Permit Number, Address or Property ID on the Permit Search web page on Portland Maps after 8:00am to view inspection times scheduled for today.
Contact an inspector
If you have questions before or after your inspection, you can talk to an inspector.
Learn more about the permits process and the inspections process
Learn more about:
- residential permit inspections
- remote video re-inspections
- the permit review process
- commercial permit inspections
Inspections, COVID-19 and public health guidance
To protect the health of inspectors, contractors, occupants and the construction industry at-large:
- Inspectors may decline or stop an inspection if they see work sites failing to comply with COVID-19 public health guidance.
- Requirements include maintaining at least six feet of physical distance between people. And, wearing face covers when interacting with others.
- Please help ensure BDS can continue to perform inspections for your projects on time. Follow the public health guidance that applies to your work sites.
Get information about COVID-19 public health guidance from the Oregon Health Authority and Oregon OSHA. If you have questions about inspections and COVID-19, please call Residential Inspections or email us with any questions.