The last step of the permit is getting the required inspections for final approval. There are two ways to schedule your inspection.
Book an inspection online
If you purchased your mechanical, electrical or plumbing permit online through Development Hub, you can schedule your inspection online.
- After you sign into the Development Hub, find the permit under the my permits section.
- Select detail, then Processes/Inspection.
- Select the inspection you want to schedule.
- Enter your contact information.
- Select the date and add any important information (example: dog in yard).
- Select schedule.
If you purchased a building permit through Development Hub, you must schedule your inspection by phone through the IVR system. Please follow the instructions listed under "Book an inspection by phone" below.
Book an inspection by phone
By calling the Request an Inspection Line you will access the Integrated Voice Response (IVR) system. You can use this system to:
- Schedule/cancel/reschedule inspection
- Get inspection results and messages from inspectors
- Get plan review status via fax
- Hear a list of scheduled inspections
- Buy more inspections
To schedule an inspection:
- Call the Request an Inspection line
- Enter your IVR number (your permit number)
- Enter the three-digit inspection code
- Enter your phone number the inspector can use to reach you or plan location and lockbox code
There must be an adult over the age 18 to let the inspector inside.
Reschedule or cancel an inspection
The IVR system will schedule the first available inspection date for you. To reschedule or cancel an inspection, call no later than 6 a.m. on the scheduled inspection date. If you need to talk with someone from inspections support, call after 8 a.m.
Get your scheduled inspection time
Find out your scheduled inspection time by visiting Portland Maps after 8 a.m.
Today's residential inspections
Get information about today's scheduled residential inspections.
Get the results of an inspection and request a re-inspection
- Once the inspector finishes the inspection, get the results by calling the Requests for Inspection and Inspection Results phone number. You can also search for your permit on Portland Maps to get the results the next day.
- If your inspection was not approved, the inspector will list the corrections needed on the inspection report. After making the corrections, you will need to schedule a re-inspection. There are no separate codes for re-inspections. Use the same three-digit inspection code.
- If you make the corrections the same day, wait until 5 p.m. to request a re-inspection. The inspector needs to enter their results before you can schedule the reinspection.
There is a re-inspection fee charged for more than one re-inspection for a single issue.
Learn more about the permits process and the inspections process
Learn more about: