Advanced Search Permits
- Go to PortlandMaps.com.
- Select Advanced from the top menu bar.
- A drop-down menu will appear.
- Select Permits from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Basic tab.
- From this tab, search for a permit by:
- IVR number (7-digit number associated with a permit).
- Application number (6-digit number associated with a permit/case/application number). Example: 16-123456.
- Select the Application Number for more detailed information, including Work/Case Description and Status.
- Select the Activity bar to see each step of the review and inspection process. Contact information for the staff assigned is also listed, with a clickable link to send them an email referencing the permit. The 3-digit code for required inspections are also listed.
- Select the Documents bar to see the plans of permits submitted from 2012 to present. Click on the ID to view the documents. A free City of Portland account is required to view the documents, and a prompt to sign in or create an account will appear.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- From this tab, filter records by permit type, enforcement case type, neighborhood, and date range.
- Use the drop-down menus and date entry boxes to generate your desired search.
- You can also search for all permits within a certain date range and/or search for all permits in a specific neighborhood, neighborhood coalition, or business association.
Download Search Results from Advanced Tab
- Select the links under the IVR and Application Number columns in the result grid to view detailed information on a particular permit or case.
- Selecting the desired format (CSV, JSON or XML) to download the entire result set in the corresponding format. Use the CSV button to export the data to excel for sorting or other purposes.
- Select the Help tab.
- Find a list of common terminology and their definitions used on PortlandMaps.com.
- Link back to the PortlandMaps Help Guides using the links at the bottom.
In addition to the Portland Maps Advanced Search Function, BDS has created several Portland Maps Galleries. Select the Advanced tab, and then Gallery. We will be adding more maps in the future, but here is a list of our current maps under Development Services:
- BDS Wireless Site
- Commercial Construction
- Commercial Demolition
- Portland Elevation Certificates
- Portland Land Use Map App
- Residential Construction
- Residential Demolition
- Short Term Rental Registry
Check on a Permit Under Review
PortlandMaps and the BDS Permit/Case Search can be used to find active and historical permits details. Click the link above and follow the directions to view the status of your building permit on PortlandMaps.