COVID-19 Safety, Recovery and Resilience

Face coverings are required in indoor public spaces and many outdoor spaces. State policy
Access City programs, people and projects helping Portland recover. Portland United

Volunteer. Play. Stay. Shop. Show the Rose City a little love. Here for Portland


99 permits and applications found
Apply for a permit online to install jacuzzis, ponds, swimming pools and other water features in the City of Portland. Get applications for hot tub permits, inground pool permits, pond permits, spa permits and other permits for water features. Learn what's needed for a complete application.
A Land Division Review is required to divide an existing property to create additional lots, parcels or tracts. A land division may also be required to legalize a lot that was created outside of the legal process (such as through deed). Read more about land division reviews and final plat reviews.
You can appeal a land use review decision. Get information about the appeals process, including fees. Get forms for filing a land use review decision appeal, find out when you can file an appeal, how much it costs and where to send your appeal. File a Type III appeal fee waiver request.
City of Portland property owners with liens on their properties due to code enforcement violations can request a lien reduction review. Find out if you can get a lien balance reduced. Learn more about code enforcement liens and how to apply for lien reduction review.
Verify a lot can be developed with the City of Portland. Learn more about lot confirmations and get all required forms for a lot confirmation application.
Learn about maintaining your accessory short-term rental (ASTR) permits. Find out how to renew your short term rental permit. Get information about what records to keep and what needs to be in ads. Learn more about short-term rentals compliance and penalties.
Learn about major residential alteration and addition permits in Portland and apply online. Get forms for major alterations removing 50% or more of exterior walls above the foundation or major additions adding more than 500 square feet of space. MRAA permits have notification and delay requirements.
Apply online for a permit. Get information, required forms and helpful handouts for residential building permits for manufactured homes in the City of Portland. Learn about the mobile home permit review process and inspections and factory built home permits and modular home permits.
The Marquam Hill Parking Review allows for parking within the institutionally developed portions of Marquam Hill in a manner consistent with the goals and objectives of the Marquam Hill Plan.
Learn more about master plans. Get required application forms and more information for master plans and impact mitigation plans.
Apply for a commercial mechanical permit and get a commercial mechanical inspection. Get the mechanical permit application. Get a push/pull permit, rooftop mechanical permits, gas piping permits and permits for a/c, heating and ductwork. Get a trade permit extension or reactivation.
Apply for a residential mechanical permit and schedule a mechanical inspection for a 1–2 family home. Get the mechanical permit application. Need permits for furnaces, gas piping, a new HVAC unit, heating or air conditioning, mini-split permits, wood stoves or ductwork, start here.
Apply for a building permit to build a dormer or a new upper story to a single-family dwelling or duplex. Get all required forms for remodeling a dormer. Find information on permits and inspections to add a bedroom or to add a room to a home. Learn what's needed for a complete application.
Apply for a building permit for a new home build in Portland. Get a permit application and all required forms for building a new home. Learn about new house permits and new home inspections. Before you build, learn what you need for a complete application for new construction here.
Learn more about nonconforming situations and how they are created. Find out about nonconforming situations are reviewed. Get an early assistance application and a land use review application. Read other forms about nonconforming situations.
North Cully Development Review is required for development within the North Cully Plan District for sites over 5 acres and with a 1991 value of more than $100,000. Modifications to existing single dwelling and trailer park facilities are exempt from review.
Some review types (Type I and Ix) can only be appealed to the Land Use Board of Appeals (LUBA) at the state level. For more information, please visit the LUBA website or call them at 503-373-1265.
City of Portland original art mural permit information and application.
Find information about commercial and residential permits. Get up to date information about demolition delays. Search for permit information by contractor's name, owner's name, permit number, project type, street name and more. Search Metro Reports and Portland Maps for information about permits.
Apply for a permit refund online. Request a refund for a permit purchased from the City of Portland. If you bought a building permit and no longer need it, apply for a refund. Get all permit refund instructions online. Find out how much you might get from a permit refund.