copy source code to replace https://www.portland.gov/bds/pe…
The Single PDF Process refers to the fact that all drawings must be together in a single PDF file, named appropriately. Calculations, application, and other documents required for your permit application must still be uploaded as their own PDFs separate from the drawings.
Applicants (customers of BDS) uploads a single PDF containing all the drawings, along with separate individual uploads for the application and any supporting documentation. Permit request submissions 35 pages and under may qualify for the Single PDF Process. Submissions over 35 pages will be processed through a different process.
We want to make the process as simple as possible for applicants and reviewers. The applicant just uploads a single PDF containing all the drawings, along with the application and supporting documentation. Reviewers make comments and reviews using Checksheets sent in DevHub, making communication between applicant and reviewer easy. Approved plans are emailed to applicants for them to
Stages of the Single PDF Process
There are three stages for acquiring a permit. Please review the stages and documents below.
This section provides information about starting the permit intake process to submit your application and drawings. You will need to setup an account in DevHub to submit, check the status of your permit submittal and respond to request for additional information during the intake process. Follow the steps below.
- Upload your application, plans and supporting documents (calculations, reports, and other non-drawing files) as searchable PDFs into DevHub.
- Permit Technician reviews project minimum standards/qualifications, plan readiness, and emails instructions for uploading drawings & documents.
- Applicant follows email instructions and uploads submittal.
- Permit Technician screens plans for submittal requirements and provides next steps if any information is missing or requires clarification. If project is accepted, Permit Technician notifies review groups (Planning & Zoning and Life Safety).
- Screening accepted by all prescreen review groups, applicant will be notified of intake fees and payment instructions.
- Reviewer uploads Checksheet (instructions for corrections) to DevHub's Upload Corrections section for the applicant to review.
After the City of Portland has completed its review of your application and/or drawings, you may be asked to submit corrections according to the steps below. Checksheets are sent by review groups if any additional clarification or corrections are needed from the applicant.
- Log in to DevHub and click Upload Corrections in the left-hand menu.
- Search for your project using the IVR # or Permit Application Number. Select the correct project.
- Your reviews will be in four categories:
- Approved: Review groups that have approved that section of the permit.
- Checksheet: A Checksheet has been created by the review group of items that need to be corrected.
- Open: Reviews still need to be completed by the designated review group.
- Not Required: A review from this designated review group is not required.
- If corrections are needed, the status will be in Checksheet or Open. If there are no corrections needed, the review will move to approved or not required status in DevHub. The review cycle will continue until all reviews are Approved or Not Required.
- Look for reviews in Checksheet status. Click the Checksheet hyperlinks to open and review. Make changes and corrections on plan sets. Applicants will not be notified that they have a Checksheet; it is there responsibility to check DevHub for updated to their project.
- When the review group is ready, they will send an email to the email address on file and saying that they are ready to receive uploads of your corrections. Return to DevHub, click Upload Corrections in the menu, search for your project, and click the Upload Corrections button. Click Add Documents. Search your computer for the corrected files and upload. Add a description for each file (required).
- Check the box under Acknowledgements. By checking this box, you acknowledge you are the authorized person to upload and submit these corrections. Click Submit.
- The review group will display in Open status in DevHub.
- BDS Permit Technicians review corrected plans and documents. If corrections are accepted, Reviewers will be notified that corrections have been received.
- Reviewers will repeat the Checksheet/Correction cycle with the applicant if additional clarifications or corrections are needed. If there are no corrections needed, the Reviewer will approve submittal. The review group will then display in Approved status in DevHub.
- Once all required technical reviews are approved, the project can proceed to issuance.
The final step in the Single PDF Process is issuance of your permit. This will occur according to the steps below.
- A final plan review is completed prior to issuance. Reviews are completed in chronological order based on the sign-off date of the last technical review.
Review the current list of permits in pre-issuance.
- Plans are approved to issue.
- Permitting Services emails link from HCP Anywhere with approved plans to the applicant. The link is available for 60 days. You may need to create an HCP Anywhere account to view and download the approved plans.
- Permitting Services contacts applicant to arrange payment of outstanding fees and provides next steps.
- Applicant downloads approved plans and inspection card and prints for posting at jobsite. A printed plan set will not be provided.
- Once all fees have been paid, construction can begin.
Still need help? Schedule a 15-minute appointment
If you have questions after reviewing the information on this page, we recommend you book a free 15-minute appointment with us.
This is an optional step. We're here for you if you have questions about the information and materials you need to apply.