When you need a permit revision
You may need a permit revision if:
- You have proposed changes to a project after you received a permit.
- You did the work differently than what was on the plans.
- An inspector asks you to make changes to your plans. In this case, the inspector may ask you for a permit revision.
Requirements for a permit revision application
- Drawings must clearly show the changes.
- The main permit is issued or under inspection.
- Include the original approved set of plans.
- There should be no other revisions under review for the same permit.
- The proposed revision cannot change permit type. For example, if you are building an addition you can't turn it into an ADU with a revision.
Permit revision application form and permit revision process
You will need to submit the plans with the changes for review again. The reviewers will check that the changes also meet the code. Permit revisions go through the same permit review and inspection process.
Use this application and apply for your permit revision online. You can also call us to schedule a time to drop off the permit revision application: