The City of Portland is currently recruiting volunteer positions for the Noise Review Board.
If you are an expert in the audio/sound community and have an interest in serving as an advisor and giving back to the community, we encourage you to apply!
The Noise Program is housed within the City of Portland’s Office of Community & Civic Life. It operates not only in a regulatory and permitting role, but it also promotes the value noise policy has in creating harmonious, trusting, and prosperous relationships between our diverse Portland community and essential events and services. As a Noise Review Board member, you will make decisions on City noise policies and Title 18 regarding code variance requests, advise City Council on important noise-related policy decisions, and bridge trusting relationships between noise projects and the Portland community.
Applications for the Noise Review Board are due March 15. The board is currently seeking applicants who possess some of the following qualities:
- Professional experience measuring sound and an understanding of the technical aspects of noise mitigation.
- Professional experience helping address the human health and science issue of the impacts of excessive noise on the community.
- Commitment to working with a variety of people with different lived experiences including age, race, ethnic backgrounds, sexual orientation, gender, disability, culture, and religion.
- Ability to contribute to productive group processes and collectively work within a collaborative, multicultural, and/or multilingual setting.
- Commitment and experience listening to and considering other perspectives which may be different from your own.
- Knowledge and experience supporting and/or advancing equitable outcomes.
- Ability to prepare for meetings on your own time.
- Availability to regularly attend monthly evening meetings and Noise Review Board events.
We appreciate your consideration in applying for this position.
Applications are due on Monday, March 15. Apply here: https://bit.ly/3br2fY4