Date: Monday, Oct. 12, 2020
Time: 11 a.m.
Location: Via Zoom Webinar. See https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87493609192 for access to the hearing.
The rule provides protocols for the effective treatment and remediation of hazards caused by moisture, mold, and lead-based paint, including:
- Pest Management and Sanitation
- Expands the definition of extermination
- Requires that every structure be free from insect, rodent, vermin or other pest(s)
- Addresses and clarifies sanitation and cleanliness standards to reduce conditions attractive to pests and insects
- Hazardous Materials
- Expands the defining regulation of lead-based paint and requires the use of lead-free paint
- Interior Dampness and Mold
- Expands the defining regulation to prevent conditions conducive to mold, by requiring exhaust ventilation when appropriate and to require remediation, if mold is present
- Focuses on moisture control and safe protocols for occupants related to remediation
- Adds language to support required inspections for the Enhanced Rental Inspections Program (ERIP)
How to Testify: Written Testimony can be submitted through BDSAdminRuleHearings@portlandoregon.gov by 5 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 9, 2020. Sign up to give oral testimony by sending an email message to BDSAdminRuleHearings@portlandoregon.gov by 5 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 9, 2020.
Written testimony may also be submitted by mail:
Bureau of Development Services
Title 29 Administrative Rule Testimony
1900 SW 4th Avenue, Suite 5000
Portland, OR 97201