The Administrative Rule provides guidance on implementing Title 29 of the Portland City Code (PCC), which governs property maintenance regulations related to minimum property maintenance standards within the City of Portland.
Date: Monday, Oct. 12, 2020
Time: 11 a.m.
Location: Via Zoom Webinar. See https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87493609192 for access to the hearing.
The rule provides protocols for the effective treatment and remediation of hazards caused by moisture, mold, and lead-based paint, including:
- Pest Management and Sanitation
- Expands the definition of extermination
- Requires that every structure be free from insect, rodent, vermin or other pest(s)
- Addresses and clarifies sanitation and cleanliness standards to reduce conditions attractive to pests and insects
- Hazardous Materials
- Expands the defining regulation of lead-based paint and requires the use of lead-free paint
- Interior Dampness and Mold
- Expands the defining regulation to prevent conditions conducive to mold, by requiring exhaust ventilation when appropriate and to require remediation, if mold is present
- Focuses on moisture control and safe protocols for occupants related to remediation
- Adds language to support required inspections for the Enhanced Rental Inspections Program (ERIP)
How to Testify: Written Testimony can be submitted through BDSAdminRuleHearings@portlandoregon.gov by 5 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 9, 2020. Sign up to give oral testimony by sending an email message to BDSAdminRuleHearings@portlandoregon.gov by 5 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 9, 2020.
Written testimony may also be submitted by mail:
Bureau of Development Services
Title 29 Administrative Rule Testimony
1900 SW 4th Avenue, Suite 5000
Portland, OR 97201