March 27, 2020
Residential inspections procedures
Residential Inspections is putting the following business practices in place during the COVID-19 health emergency to protect the health of our inspection staff and customers.
- We are limiting daily scheduled inspections to accommodate staff shortages.
- We are temporarily postponing non-critical inspections that require entry into occupied homes in an effort to protect our staff and customers.
- If there is anyone exhibiting signs of illness at the inspection site, we ask that customers wait to schedule their inspection until at least 72 hours after symptoms have passed.
Inspections will be performed as scheduled on:
- New construction (structure must be vacated of personnel during Inspection)
- Remodels/additions where access into the occupied structure is not required (structure must be vacated of personnel during Inspection)
- Inspections in occupied homes where the customer is able to provide inspection access using FaceTime or Skype
If you previously had an inspection and need reinspections, please use our Remote Video Reinspection program for quick results to prevent project delays.
The City of Portland is committed to providing meaningful access. For accommodations, modifications, translation, interpretation or other services, please call 503-823-7300, the TTY at 503-823-6868 or the Oregon Relay Service: 711. Traducción e interpretación | Chuyển Ngữ hoặc Phiên Dịch
翻译或传译 | Письменныйили устный перевод | 翻訳または通訳 | Traducere sau Interpretare
번역 및 통역 | Письмовий або усний переклад | Turjumida ama Fasiraadda