March 2020 COVID-19 public health emergency news announcement.
CUSTOMER & COMMUNITY NOTIFICATION
March 11, 2020
Bureau of Development Services COVID-19/Coronavirus Update
Dear Bureau of Development Services customers;
With mounting concerns of COVID-19/Coronavirus in our community, we want to communicate our efforts to minimize the potential for exposure at the Development Services Center (Permit Center) and 1900 Building facilities. We are now following this protocol to help our customers stay safe and healthy:
- Hand sanitizer is available in the Development Service Center and Permit Center lobbies.
- In addition to regular cleaning, janitorial staff are disinfecting "high touch" surfaces such as counters, door knobs, push bars, elevator buttons, etc. on a daily basis.
- We use disinfectant products approved by health authorities for combating COVID-19.
- Staff have been instructed to wash and sanitize their hands as thoroughly and as often as possible.
- Staff are encouraged to stay home if they are feeling sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Information concerning COVID-19 is available in multiple languages in the Permit Center lobby on signs and the TV monitors.
We are also counting on you, our Permit Center customers, to help us keep our facility a safe and healthy environment for everyone. We request that you:
- Interact with us remotely, rather than in person, whenever possible. For example, if you have questions about a property or project, we encourage you to use our existing hotlines, or send your questions to us through our website. We will get back to you within 24 hours.
- Stay home if you are feeling sick or experiencing symptoms. Some services we provide are available online through our Development Hub PDX customer portal, including applying and paying for simple trade permits.
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water (or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer). There are public restrooms available in our first floor building lobby.
- Maintain a reasonable "social distance", when possible (6 feet).
- Cover up any sneezing or coughing using a tissue, or your sleeve. If you're sneezing or coughing, we request that you stay home until you are well.
As of now, we are maintaining our in-person services in the 1900 Building and Development Services Center. We are closely coordinating with other City bureaus, the Mayor's office and other local agencies and health authorities as well as preparing our own Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) should this situation worsen. The COOP plan addresses how the Bureau of Development Services staff can continue serving our customers should schools be closed and staff are instructed to telework, etc. Should our processes change, more information will be provided.
Thank you and be well.
Please subscribe to receive other Bureau of Development Services notifications.
The City of Portland is committed to providing meaningful access. For accommodations, modifications, translation, interpretation or other services, please call 503-823-7300, the TTY at 503-823-6868 or the Oregon Relay Service: 711. 503-823-7300 Traducción e interpretación | Chuyển Ngữ hoặc Phiên Dịch
翻译或传译 | Письменныйили устный перевод | 翻訳または通訳 | Traducere sau Interpretare
번역 및 통역 | Письмовий або усний переклад | Turjumida ama Fasiraadda