July 17, 2019
News for Property Line Adjustment Applicants
Effective immediately, there are changes to the process for Property Line Adjustments (PLAs) for new applications or submitted applications that have not already received a checksheet. The changes are a result of a review of the City of Portland’s process against existing state laws applied to PLAs (ORS 92.017, 92.192, and 92.010). In summary:
- The Bureau of Development Services (BDS) cannot reduce the number of units of land through a PLA (i.e. 3 lots become 2 PLA tracts).
- A unit of land (lot, lot of record) must meet zoning standards after the PLA, including the lot dimension and area standards in 33.610/611/612/613/614.
- BDS cannot consider combinations of multiple lots or portions thereof as a proposed tract, when determining whether lot size/dimension standards are met through a PLA.
- PLAs not meeting the above requirements, will therefore require a Type Ix Lot Consolidation review first, so the PLA is between two units of land that continue to meet zoning code standards and ORS requirements.
- A Lot Consolidation will not be required prior to a PLA, if the underlying lots continue to meet lot size/dimension standards on their own and there is not another reason for the Lot Consolidation, such as crossing lot lines.
If you have any questions about how this information applies to your existing application, please contact your assigned planner. If you have questions about the process or requirements, please contact Stephanie Beckman or Kimberly Tallant.
The City of Portland is committed to providing meaningful access. For accommodations, modifications, translation, interpretation or other services, please call 503-823-7300, the TTY at 503-823-6868 or the Oregon Relay Service: 711. Traducción e interpretación | Chuyển Ngữ hoặc Phiên Dịch
翻译或传译 | Письменныйили устный перевод | 翻訳または通訳 | Traducere sau Interpretare
번역 및 통역 | Письмовий або усний переклад | Turjumida ama Fasiraadda