March 15, 2019
Revisions to Program Guide on Permit Extensions, Abandonment, Expiration and Reactivations
The Bureau of Development Services made updates to the Program Guide on Permit Extensions, Abandonment, Expiration and Reactivations in November 2018. After having used the guide for a few months, staff and customers have identified several opportunities for clarification. Updates to the guide include:
- For permits under review, changed the maximum extension time for commercial permits from 90 days to 180 days to comply with the pending 2019 edition of the Oregon Structural Specialty Code (OSSC).
- Clarified that the extensions are granted for a specific number of days from the date the permit is set to expire (as opposed to the date the extension is granted).
- For permits under review, clarified that even if there is an incomplete checksheet response, or delays caused by other city processes, an extension request must still be submitted to keep the permit active, consistent with long-standing practice.
- For permits under review, added language that within the last 30 days before expiration, ALL checksheet responses must be submitted to keep the permit active, consistent with long-standing practice.
- Added a statement, consistent with city code, that permits are automatically extended each time it receives an approved inspection.
To view the updated Program Guide, click here.
Contact: Emily Sandy (Code & Policy Development)
The City of Portland is committed to providing meaningful access. For accommodations, modifications, translation, interpretation or other services, please call 503-823-7300, the TTY at 503-823-6868 or the Oregon Relay Service: 711. Traducción e interpretación | Chuyển Ngữ hoặc Phiên Dịch
翻译或传译 | Письменныйили устный перевод | 翻訳または通訳 | Traducere sau Interpretare
번역 및 통역 | Письмовий або усний переклад | Turjumida ama Fasiraadda