COVID-19 Risk Level for Multnomah County: High Risk

Unreinforced Masonry Buildings Workgroup


The Portland City Council has been actively discussing policies relating to retrofitting and placarding unreinforced masonry buildings (URMs).

Picture of unreinforced masonry building

What should the City of Portland require of unreinforced masonry  building owners? What can URM building owners do themselves? How can the financial retrofit needs of URM owners, especially not-for-profit businesses and organizations, be met?  

Share your ideas about Unreinforced Masonry Buildings 

Do you have opinions about URMs in the City of Portland? Want to help shape policy in your community? The City is recruiting members to the Unreinforced Masonry Building (URM) work group. This group will meet for approximately one year to make recommendations that reduce the life safety risks posed by URM buildings and reduce displacement following a seismic event.

We’d like to hear from a diverse group of people representing a wide range of URM interests. Want to learn more about the URM work group? Get eligibility and application information.  

Contact Jonna Papaefthimiou by email with questions or call 503-823-3809.


Development Services Center

Development Services

phone number503-823-7310

Monday through Friday from 8 am - 5 pm. Leave a message with detailed information.