What’s happening with Building, Electrical, Floating Structures, Mechanical and Plumbing Appeals? The Submittal Deadlines have changed!
Building Code Appeals are an administrative review led by the City’s Building Official and are reviewed every Wednesday morning. The previous application deadline to request an appeal allowed applicants to apply by 9 a.m. on the Monday immediately preceding a Wednesday review. The new deadline is 9 a.m. Thursday for appeals to be reviewed the following Wednesday. This new appeal deadline provides two additional business days for staff to review and comment on an appeal application and for customers to submit additional information, as needed.
This new application deadline began on November 7, 2019 for appeals that will be heard on November 13.
The change will offset the impacts associated with the following issues:
- Issue #1: Increase in the number of building code appeal applications.
- Issue #2: Increased complexity in the types of appeals requested.
- Issue #3: Insufficient information and/or incomplete appeal applications.
- Issue #4: Insufficient time for staff to review and submit comments on appeal requests.
- Issue #5: Insufficient time for applicants to submit additional materials to support an appeal request.
Questions and comments should be emailed to Building Code Appeals.