The following BDS policy is effective October 18, 2018. It outlines the BDS policy for granting extensions on residential demolition permits.
October 22, 2018
Policy for Extension on Residential Demolition Permits
The following BDS policy is effective October 18, 2018. It outlines the BDS policy for granting extensions on residential demolition permits. The policy maintains the current BDS practice of allowing up to three permit extensions, but requires compliance with the dust and site control measures outlined in City Code Chapter 24.55 (SB 871 requirements).
Pre-SB 871 Residential Demolition Permits
- No re-activation, unless the structure has already been demolished, and the purpose is to close out the permit
Permits under review, approved to issue, or under inspection
- Maintain existing policy of allowing three extensions, BUT all extensions will be granted subject to compliance with SB 871 requirements. Will require a revision to the permit for SB 871 compliance.
- Any request for an extension after three have been granted will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis by the Residential Inspections Division Manager and only granted if good cause for the extension is shown. Good cause must be something out of the applicant’s control, such as a pending land use decision. Any extension will be granted subject to compliance with SB 871 requirements. Will require a revision to the permit for SB 871 compliance
Active older permits (from 2000 - 2004)
- BDS Residential Inspections team will attempt to determine whether the structure has already been demolished. If so, the permit will be cancelled or finaled if possible
- If BDS can’t determine whether the structure has been demolished or if we know the structure is still standing, Residential Inspections team will manually draft letters informing the property owner that the permits will be expired within 30 days, unless BDS is contacted. Only if the owner/applicant contacts BDS within that time and indicates their intent to complete the project within 10 days will the project not be subject to SB 871. Any extensions beyond that 30 days will be subject to SB 871. Extension will require a revision to the permit for SB 871 compliance.
- If BDS is not contacted within that time, or if the work is not complete within the 30 days or any extension, permits will be expired
Contact: Dave Tebeau
The City of Portland is committed to providing meaningful access. For accommodations, modifications, translation, interpretation or other services, please call 503-823-7300, the TTY at 503-823-6868 or the Oregon Relay Service: 711. Traducción e interpretación | Chuyển Ngữ hoặc Phiên Dịch
翻译或传译 | Письменныйили устный перевод | 翻訳または通訳 | Traducere sau Interpretare
번역 및 통역 | Письмовий або усний переклад | Turjumida ama Fasiraadda