Lunch & Learn events are FREE and do not usually require registration. Lunch & Learn topics are announced a few weeks before the event. If you'd like to get notifications about Lunch & Learn events and other updates, sign up to Get Updates from BDS.
Upcoming Lunch & Learn Events
Lunch & Learn: How to submit a solar permit application online using DevHub
Join us on Thursday, March 3 from 12 to 1 p.m. on Zoom for:
- an overview of the Checklist and Submittal Requirements for Solar Installations,
- information and application forms required for solar permits,
- details about our new solar permitting video series, and
- a quick demonstration of how to submit materials online using DevHub.
Past Lunch & Learn Events
We record our virtual information sessions so you can click here to watch them anytime online. Topics include:
Basics of Building Permitting in the City of Portland
Hosted by BDS and the Portland Clean Energy Fund. Click here to view the recorded workshop, which covers:
- Why building permitting is important,
- The general types of improvements that require permitting,
- Steps for getting a permit,
- How to look up property information in Portland Maps, and
- Timeline expectations.
Zoning: How to find the rules that apply to your property (click here to watch)
Changes to Historic Resource Regulations (click here to watch)
The Residential Infill Project (click here to watch)
To find meeting materials and details from past Lunch & Learn events, click through the past event pages.