Learn more about the Floating Structures Board of Appeal.
The Floating Structures Board of Appeal has three (3) members and three (3) alternates who are knowledgeable about construction as regulated by the base building codes, and the construction and maintenance of floating structures and moorage facilities.
The Board will assist in determining the suitability of alternate materials and methods of construction, and provide for reasonable interpretation of the provision of Title 28. In addition, the Board will hear and rule on appeals for floating structures. The Board will be appointed by the Mayor and shall be composed of:
- Three (3) members or their respective alternates from the Building Code Board of Appeal as constituted by Section 24.10.080
- Three (3) members or their respective alternates as follows:
- an architect or engineer knowledgeable in the design of floating structures;
- a constructor knowledgeable in the construction, maintenance and repair of floating structures; and
- a member at large who is from one of the following interest groups:
- a for-profit moorage representative
- a non-profit moorage representative
- a yact club representative
- a floating home resident
The term for this board is three years.This board meets as appeals are received. See the Building Code Appeals Website for how to file your appeal.