Request a meeting with an expert. Interested customers pay a $77.50 fee for a 30-minute time-certain appointment online on Microsoft Teams with a Development Services employee about Land Use, Life Safety, Permitting, Structural Engineering and Site Development.
The form will take about 15 minutes to complete.
Applicants can request to meet with a Development Services employee from one of the various specialties, including:
- Land Use Services (Zoning and Tree Code);
- Life Safety (Building Code);
- Permitting Services (Permit Processing and Fees);
- Structural Engineering; and
- Site Development (Geotechnical, Grading, Flood Hazards, and Cesspool Decommissioning).
During this 30-minute appointment, you may ask as many questions as time allows.
Keep in mind that staff does not research your questions or the property prior to the appointment. No action will be taken on any active permits or cases at the appointment. These appointments are for information-gathering only. No written summary notes will be provided.
If you have a complex project or questions, you may want to take advantage of the following options:
- For Zoning Code assistance, if a project is submitted on a property with multiple permits or land use reviews, an Early Assistance (EA) appointment (for which research is conducted prior to the appointment) is the recommended approach. Similarly, if an applicant seeks input from multiple agencies, an EA appointment is the best option.
- For Building Code assistance, a Life Safety Preliminary Meeting may be your best option. Schematic drawings and questions are submitted prior to the meeting, and a Life Safety Plans Examiner will research your questions beforehand, for a more comprehensive discussion at the scheduled meeting. A Structural Plan Reviewer or Fire Plans Examiner may also be requested to attend this meeting.
Time Certain Appointments will be scheduled during the following times:
- Land Use Services (Zoning and Tree code) – Monday to Friday from 9 to 9:30 am and 11 to 11:30 am
- Life Safety (Building Code) – Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 10 to 10:30 am and from 2 to 2:30pm
- Permitting Services (Permit Processing and Fees) – Monday to Friday from 9 to 9:30 am and 11 to 11:30 am
- Structural Engineering – Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 10 to 10:30 am
- Site Development (Geotechnical, Grading, Flood Hazards) – Tuesdays from 1:30 to 2 pm and Thursdays from 10 to 10:30 am
Appointments will be scheduled to occur at least one week from the date of intake to allow anticipation of staffing needs.
Applicants may sign up for appointments online. A Tech will contact you after submittal with payment information.