Check Permit Requirements for Your Project
Review the following webpage to determine if your Trade project requires a permit, plan review, or other requirements: www.portland.gov/bds/permit-review-process/how-apply-and-pay-permit-type
Contractor Licenses (CCB, BCD, etc.)
After signing in, select My Profile and review the information to ensure all relevant active licenses (such as BCD and CCB) are listed on your DevHub account. Available Trade permit fixture options may vary based on active licenses listed on your DevHub account as well as the trade type selected for the permit application.
Begin Your Online Permit Application in Development Hub PDX (DevHub)
To access any online permitting services in Development Hub PDX, you must first create a Development Hub PDX (DevHub) user account from the PortlandOregon.Gov Sign In page then use your PortlandOregon.Gov credentials to sign in to DevHub. For more help creating an account, signing in, and support for a forgotten username or password, please review the DevHub Sign In Quick Step Guide.
- Once you have signed in, use the DevHub PDX menu (displayed on the left side of the screen) to select the Apply for a New Permit option.
- Choose the permit type Trade Permits.
- On the screens that follow, select the appropriate Category of Construction then select the Type of Work.
- Enter the property address where the permit work will take place by selecting Search by Address, Search by Property ID, or using the Address text field to select from the automatic search results displayed as text is added. Keep in mind:
- Search results will show a maximum of 50 property addresses.
- If you cannot find the property, try finding the address and property ID on PortlandMaps.
- If the property address still does not appear, enter "Not Listed" into the Address text field. You will be able to add work location details before completing your DevHub submission.
Form Options, Saving Progress, & Exiting a DevHub Session
Once you begin the permit application in DevHub, you will be able to save your work, exit the submission, proceed to the next page, return to a previous page, or cancel the application.
If you need additional time to review minimum submittal requirements or gather additional documents, make sure to use the Save My Work button before exiting. The DevHub system will time out after a several minutes of inactivity. Any unsaved progress cannot be retrieved.
If you need to sign out of DevHub, select your account name (top right of the page) then select Sign Out.
Complete DevHub Submission Requirements
The permit application request form allows you to provide important information to successfully complete all permit application requirements.
Be prepared to provide complete information for the work description, work location, party doing the work, and quantities for each permit fixture needed to complete the project work. Based on your responses, follow up questions might automatically appear. This ensures you only respond to the questions that will help you meet permit-specific requirements.
Reviewing Submission Details & Acknowledgements
- Review the summary of details you provided to ensure they are both correct and complete.
- Read the acknowledgement statement then select the checkbox to indicate your acknowledgement, acceptance, and certification.
- Select Continue to Payment. Note: If you prefer to pay for the permit at a later time, make sure to select Save My Work then Exit.
- Read the View and Pay Fees screen which details potential additional requirements as well as how to complete payment steps.
- Select the checkbox for bills you wish to pay now then select Pay Selected Bills.
- Pick a Payment Type: Electronic Check or Credit Card (MasterCard, VISA, Discover, American Express).
- Complete the payment information fields as indicated then review your responses to ensure they are complete and correct before choosing Submit Payment.
- You will be automatically emailed a payment receipt to the email address you indicated on the payment form and given the option to also print a receipt copy on the payment confirmation screen.
Schedule Inspections Online for Your DevHub Permit
Trade permits purchased through Development Hub PDX can also be scheduled through Development Hub PDX. For more details on how to use DevHub to schedule Trade permit inspections, please review How to Schedule Inspections in Development Hub PDX (DevHub).
For additional DevHub support, please call the DevHub help line (Monday through Friday, 8am-4pm) at 503-823-7300.