Please note: Due to COVID-19, the Development Services Center is closed to walk-in customers. Access is limited to those who have pre-scheduled appointments to pick up or drop off paper plans. Please review the information contained here to access the services of the Bureau of Development Services.
Please access information about services through one of the links below:
- Apply or Pay for a Building or Trade Permit
- Where to Apply or Pay for Permits and Reviews
- Check the status of a building permit
- Commercial Development Permitting and Inspections
- Do You Need a Permit for Your Project?
- Pay for Permits Online and By Phone
- Permit Review Process
- Permitting Services from Other City of Portland Bureaus (Environmental Services, Fire and Rescue, Parks and Recreation, Transportation, Water)
- Residential Development Permitting and Inspections
- Residential Permit Inspections
- Time-certain appointments
- Zoning and Land Use