Learn more about what kind of commercial construction needs a permit. Find out if you need a day care center building permit, a seismic upgrade permit and what permits you need for new construction or for alterations. Includes multifamily building permits information.
Learn more about types of permits for commercial construction sites (including multi-family dwellings) and when they're needed. Find out if you need permits and what kind of permits you need.
New construction and alterations that require a building permit
- Construct new commercial building
- Construct new multifamily building
Alterations to existing structures:
- Cell phone antenna- Contact Land Use Review to see if Land Use Review is required.
- Change the Use or Occupancy in an Existing Building.
- Construct an addition
- Demolish a structure
- Day care center -Contact Land Use Review to see if Land Use Review is required.
- Disabled access upgrades
- Install racks/storage shelving
- Install siding
- Move or construct walls, even if non-bearing partitions
- Replace or add new windows or doors
- Seismic upgrade
- Tenant improvements
For asbestos abatement, contact the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) or call them (800) 452-4011.
Start a new permit application
The related webpages have more information about specific permit types and the permit review process.
In addition, here is a quick link to the building permit application: