Qualified respondents to this solicitation will be added to a pool of attorneys. The Auditor’s Office will contact attorneys from the pool as needs arise. This is not an offer or a solicitation for offers to enter into a contract.
The Auditor’s Office seeks a diverse pool of respondents with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- state, local, and federal campaign finance and elections law;
- Oregon municipal law and governance;
- lobbying regulations;
- public sector employment and labor law;
- open meetings and public records;
- government procurement; and
- litigation related to the above-identified subject matters.
Certain services may be provided remotely and respondents outside the Portland area are welcome, though should explain their capacity to cover litigation or other hearings if outside of the Portland metro area.
Responses should not exceed five pages, and should contain the following information:
- A simple cover letter:
- Briefly describing the responding firm or lawyer;
- Identifying relevant area(s) of subject matter expertise;
- Highlighting any relevant experience; and
- Designating a contact person and providing their name, phone number, and email address.
- A list of the primary lawyers who may provide services to the Auditor’s Office, and for each lawyer the following information:
- Years of experience.
- Relevant substantive areas of expertise. (This should include at least one of the areas listed above and may include additional areas of experience to be considered.)
- A brief summary of relevant experience.
- A schedule of hourly rates for attorneys and support staff.
Responses should be sent by email to AuditorsOffice@PortlandOregon.g… by no later than September 7, 2023, at 5:00 p.m., with the email subject line “Attorney RFI.”
Potential respondents are encouraged to contact Lisa Howley, City Auditor’s Office General Counsel, for more information: