Report Discrimination

City of Portland Office of Equity and Human Rights Civil Rights Title VI and ADA Title II Complaint Form.

10 to 15 minutes

Use this form:

To file a discrimination complaint against the City, a City contractor, or a City sub-recipient of federal funds. Any person(s) or organization(s) who believes that they have been discriminated against or denied benefits of any program or activity provided by the City of Portland on the basis of race, color, national origin, English proficiency, or disability may file a complaint.

Complaints must be filed within 180 calendar days of the alleged discriminatory act. You may have another person fill out this form and acknowledge the complaint on your behalf.

Before you begin: 

You may want to review information about this process, browse additional resources or explore alternative options for submitting a complaint to the city. Please choose the appropriate resource page below:

How to File an ADA Complaint (Title II)

How to File a Civil Rights Complaint (Title VI)

Would you like to make a complaint about a City policy or action taken by a City program, employee or contractor that violates your rights and discriminates against you?

Next Steps

Please make a request through the City’s ADA Accommodation service. You can also give us a call at 311(503) 823-4000, or 711 for TTY via Oregon Relay Service. Staff are available daily, excluding federal holidays. Visit PDX 311 for hours and details.

How would you like to complete your report?
Confidentiality Waiver

It is City policy to keep the information you provide on this form confidential for the purposes of fulfilling your request. The City will also attempt to keep your information confidential in the event someone requests it be released as a public record under Oregon’s Public Records Law. If you would prefer to waive this confidentiality, please select that option below.

Who are you making this request or complaint for?

Next Steps

Completing this form starts an investigatory and potentially legal process. It is intended to be used by individuals or on behalf of individuals that believe they have been discriminated against.

If you have a concern or are attempting to point out a condition in the city that may be intentionally or unintentionally leading to the discrimination of a protected class, please use our Contact an elected official form.

Have you obtained permission from them to file this complaint? Or, do you have a legal relationship that allows you to make a complaint on their behalf?

Next Steps

Please obtain their permission before submitting this form.

Next Steps

Please call us at 311(503) 823-4000, or 711 for TTY via Oregon Relay Service. Staff are available daily, excluding federal holidays. Visit PDX 311 for hours and details.

I believe the discrimination I experienced was based on...
(Check all that apply)
Where did the discrimination occur?
If this location has a name, such as a business or public building, please enter it here.
Please provide any other details that might help us locate the site you are reporting.
Please explain what happened; who was involved; what policy, program, or activity was discriminatory (if applicable); why you believe it happened, and how you were discriminated against. To protect your privacy, do not include any personal or health-related information.
Were there witnesses to the discrimination?
Do you know their name and phone number or email address?
Witnesses will only be contacted if necessary to investigate your claim. If contacted, witnesses can choose whether they want to participate in the investigation process.
One file only.
100 MB limit.
Allowed types: gif, jpg, jpeg, png, txt, pdf, doc, docx, ppt, pptx, xls, xlsx, avi, mov, mp3, wav.
Have you filed a complaint with any other federal, state, or local agencies, or within any Federal or State Court?
You have a right to file with any agency or court. Filing a complaint with another agency or court does not prevent you from filing a complaint with the City of Portland. In certain situations, agencies will coordinate to make sure the appropriate agency or court investigates the complaint.
We will use your email to confirm your submission.
If needed, would you prefer that we contact you by phone or email?
Do you need an interpreter?

Complainant Acknowledgement

By submitting this form, I affirm that (1) I have read, understand and accept the terms for procedures for tracking and investigating Civil Rights complaints and (2) The information I have provided in this form is true to the best of my knowledge.


PDX 311 Customer Service Program

phone number311Information and Customer Service
phone number503-823-4000Every day, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. (excluding federal holidays) Interpretation available | Interpretación disponible | Phiên dịch có sẵn | 提供口译服务 | Доступна интерпретация | Tafsiir la heli karo | Доступний переклад
Oregon Relay Service711Oregon Relay Service

Follow on Social Media